- iPhone iOS 6 introduces a new connection option called “Wi-Fi + 3G”
- Sandy Hurricane: New York continues the evacuation of those who refuse to leave their homes
- Apple releases OS X Server to OS X Mountain Lion on the Mac App Store
- Google develops nanoparticles to detect cancer and other diseases
- Android 4.0 on almost any television
More than three years after its debut, Windows 7 finally surpassed the old Windows XP as the most used operating system in the world, according to the company Internet data collection, Net Applications .
According to information provided by the company, the market share of operating systems Windows 7 reached 42.76%, while the venerable XP – which debuted on February 13, 2001 – came to 42.5% according to August measurements of Net Applications.
While this figure disagrees with the company StatCounter , who claimed that this milestone was the case a year ago, it is clear that these companies do not work measurement data using the same methodology. Net Applications corrects your data based on the global population of web users of the CIA, while StatCounter no.
But there is good news for Apple, as determined by measuring the total number of users of its operating system, OS X, exceeds the number of Windows Vista users. The market segment of the Cupertino company reached 7.11% if one adds their versions 10.7 and 10.6, while Vista only reached 6.10%