NASA on its website officially denied the information about the end of the world, which should supposedly come December 21, 2012-year.
Agency specialists to answer the most popular questions. Provides information with minor cuts.
Threatening the Earth in 2012, the year? Many websites claim that in December of 2012 will end.
– Life does not end in 2012, the year. Our planet has existed for over four billion years. And scientists do not have data about the threat associated with 2012, the year.
What is the true source of predictions about the end of the world in 2012, the year?
– The story begins with the assumption that the imaginary planet Nibiru, open the Sumerians, is sent to Earth. Disaster, according to the predictions, initially was held in May of 2003. After it did not, the date of Judgment Day was moved to December of 2012 and linked to one of the cycle described in the ancient Mayan calendar, the end of which falls on the winter solstice in 2012 – the year. Consequently, the predicted doomsday date fell on December 21, 2012-year.
Does the Mayan calendar ends in December 2012?
– Just as the calendar you hang on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar is also not cease to exist December 21, 2012. This date – the end of a long period of the Mayan calendar cycle. As well as the usual calendar cycle calendar begins on January 1 and the next long cycle of the Mayan calendar will begin December 22, 2012-year.
NASA predicts “total darkness” in the period from 23 December to 25 December?
– Absolutely not. Neither NASA nor any other scientific organization do not predict such an event. False predictions say that happens a “leveling of the Universe,” which will lead to darkening. Any alignment will not (see next question). According to some reports, it was announced by Charles Bolden, NASA representative. But this – a normal message, urging people to be prepared for emergencies. This is part of a broader government campaign preparation. In the message it was not about dark.
Can the planets align in a straight line so as to affect the Earth?
– In the coming decades, as far as is not expected any planetary alignments and even if they were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. One of these alignments occurred in 1962, for example, and the other two occurred during 1982 and 2000. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy, it happens every year without any consequences.
Is there a planet Nibiru, Planet X, a planet Eris, which fly to the Earth and threatening our planet widespread destruction?
– Stories about Nibiru and other planets – deception, an Internet. There is no factual basis for these predictions .. If Nibiru or Planet X were real and threatened to hit the Earth in 2012, astronomers have tracked the motion of the body for at least a decade, and it would be seen in real time with the naked eye. All clear that it is not.
Eris is real, but it is – a dwarf planet similar to Pluto that will remain in the outer solar system. Most boizkie body that can reach Earth at about the distance 4 billion miles.
What is the change of the poles? Is it true that the earth will do a somersault at 180 degrees for a few hours or days?
– Slowing down the rotation of the Earth is impossible. There are slow movements of the continents (for example Antarctica was near the equator hundreds of millions of years ago), but this does not apply to the change of the poles. However, many sites report a change of the magnetic poles of the Earth, which does change on average every 400,000 years. As far as we know, this phenomenon does not cause damage to life on Earth. Scientists believe that this is unlikely to happen in the next few millennia.
Is there a danger of defeat Earth asteroid in 2012, the year?
– Earth has always been bombarded by comets and asteroids, although big body they are extremely rare. The last big impact was 65 million years ago, and it led to the extinction of dinosaurs. Today NASA astronomers are carrying out monitoring to find any large near-Earth asteroids long before they are able to threaten Earth. We already know that there are no hazardous asteroids as large as the one that killed the dinosaurs. All this work is done openly with the reports sent every day on the NASA website. So, you can see yourself that there is nothing to threaten in 2012, the year.
Is there a danger from giant solar storms, which should happen in 2012, the year?
– The Sun there is a regular cycle of activity with peaks approximately every 11 years. During these peaks, solar flares can cause some interruption of satellite communications, although engineers are learning how to build electronics that would be protected against most solar storms. But there is no special risk associated with 2012, the year does not exist. The next solar maximum will occur in 2012-2014. This is expected to be an average solar cycle, no different from previous cycles in history.