- Samsung presents its new “ultrabooks” FullHD screen Series 9
- Microsoft’s smartphone Lumia 640
- Twitter for Mac adds support for multiple accounts and for Retina displays
- The camera of the Nokia Lumia 920 to test: Optical Image Stabilization excels
- QUBES OS: THE JUNCTION BETWEEN THE VIRTUALIZATION, SECURITY AND OPEN SOURCE
IBM has become the leader for another year, the ranking of patents, according to a company press release. “We are very proud of this new milestone in scientific and technological creativity, born of a hundred years of IBM’s commitment to the world of research and development”, notes in a press release Ginni Rometty, President and CEO Company.
Overall, IBM has registered 6478 patents in 2012 , which puts the company ahead of Samsung (5081) and Canon (3174), the two companies are silver and bronze in this listing. Rounding out the top ten of innovative firms Sony (3,032 patents), Panasonic (2,769), Microsoft (2613), Toshiba (2,446), Hon Hai (also known as Foxconn, with 2,013), General Electric (1652) and LG Electronics (1,624 ).
To achieve this high number of patents, IBM has more than 8,000 ‘inventors’ scattered around 35 countries worldwide. Among the major issues in the past that the firm has been working include web analytics, cybersecurity, cloud and big data with tools for all industries.
Among its recent applications include a system to answer questions, a chip that mimics the behavior of neurons and learn some methods to synthesize information in databases or technique to reduce consumption in a cloud environment.