How to protect your account number and your credit card or debit card. To protect your account numbers be cautious when sharing with or without intention. Always know where your cards and suspicious of any person, by phone, asks the card number.
- Credit Cards
- Personal Organizers
- Signing the back of a credit card receive it hardly new.
- Do not give your account number over the phone unless.
- If possible, memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you have to write it somewhere, do not do it on the card or leave it in your purse or wallet.
- Never lose sight of your card. Be especially careful in gyms, at work and while you’re shopping. Also keep your credit cards in the glove compartment of the car, as it is the most common way to steal credit cards.
- Use your card just for you. Do not borrow or relatives or friends.
- Always check your card when you return it in a store or in a restaurant. When you’re in a hurry you forget your card very easily, and is also very likely that the waiters or salesmen will return the wrong card when they are in a hurry.
- Make a list of all your cards and their numbers. Includes dates and phone numbers that you call if a problem occurs. Keep the list in a safe place (that is neither your wallet or purse).
- Always keep receipts and destroy any copies.
- Review the monthly checks your account and charges that match your receipts. If there are errors, notify the company of the credit card immediately.
- Before you get rid of an email or other paper with personal and / or account numbers, trilaterals or break them.
Tips and Warnings
- If you report a stolen card within 48 hours of being given up, you are responsible only $ 50, no matter how much money did the thief using your card and your name. Check with the bank everything related to the issue of liability if you have a debit card. If you suspect someone used your credit card to open an account in your name, contact one of the major credit companies and have recorded in your log a fraud alert. In this case, any transaction you make with the credit card must be confirmed by telephone.