- Facebook removes a dating ad that featured a young women who died in April
- Samsung sued for U.S. $ 250 million for poor working conditions
- Discovered a new species of insect by the Flickr social network
- Scientists transform normal cells into stem cells
- Google Nexus S receives the first update Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
The accreditation is maintained for four years and each institution will receive one million euros per year.
The Ministry of Research, Development and Innovation published five research centers this year have achieved accreditation Severo Ochoa Excellence .
In the words of the official document, the orbjetivo of this program is to “identify and promote centers and research units and Spanish who are among the best in the world in his field.” Were selected: The Institute of Chemical Technology, Center for Genomic Regulation, Institute of High Energy Physics, the Institute of Theoretical Physics and the Biological Station of Doñana
The evaluation was conducted by an international scientific committee that included the participation of 70 researchers from 12 countries. This accreditation is valid for four years and gives each center a budget ofone million per year.
The government is developing a state plan of scientific research, technology and innovation 2013-2016 which ensures the continuity of the program.