Are you surprised or bored Facebook? Tell us here
-Facebook now boasts more than 900 million active registered users. If Facebook were a country would be the third in the world, after China (1,340 million) and India (1,170 million).
-With 169 million users, the U.S. has the largest number of Facebook members, followed by India with 51 million, Brazil and Mexico with 45 million 20 million, according to figures from ComScore.
Although social networking is more widespread in almost all countries, is surpassed by competitors in Russia, Japan or South Korea, again according to ComScore. In China is prohibited.
– In April, Facebook announced a multimillion-dollar deal to buy the photo application Instagram, its largest acquisition to date by 1,000 million dollars in cash and shares of the company.
– Facebook has generated at least four millionaires, its owner Mark Zuckerberg, who celebrated his 28 years on Monday and one of its cofounders, Dustin Moskovitz, eight days younger than Zuckerberg. Also Eduardo Saverin, another co-founder of the network. Sean Parker, founder of Napster and one of the first mentors Zuckerberg, has a fortune estimated at 2,100 million dollars, thanks to its participation in Facebook.
– Chris Hughes, one of four founders of Facebook served as director of Internet strategy for the presidential campaign of Barack Obama in 2008.
– Facebook said it had an average of 526 million active users in March 2012, an increase of 41% over the previous year. The social network recorded 125,000 “connections” between March 31 and 3,200 million comments and expressions on the “Like”.
– More than 300 million photos are uploaded to Facebook each day and more than 488 million active users accessing the network using mobile devices.
– “The Social Network,” the 2010 film about the origin of the company, won four Golden Globes, including best picture and best director. At the Oscars got the award for Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Original Score and Best Editing.
– Facebook, which has 3,500 employees, plans to hire “thousands” of workers this year.
– Facebook has a market value of 104,000 million dollars, and is larger and Amazon (98,000 million) or Cisco (89,000 million). Worth twice that Ford Motor Co. (38,000 million). And it is substantially smaller than Googgle (203,000 million) and Apple (495,000 million).