- Here is the new Megabox with unlimited space for your music’
- Megaupload vowed not launch another for the duration of the proceedings against him
- This project could affect parole enjoying
Megaupload founder, Kim ‘Dotcom’ , has claimed that his new online project, called Megabox and will be released on January 19, will be easy to use, “free” and “legal” .
‘Dotcom’ found on probation in New Zealand pending the start of his trial next March for extradition to the United States that accuses him of hacking and other offenses, has created an account on the social network Facebook for portal.
“Here is the new Megabox” with “unlimited space for your music,” said ‘Dotcom’ on pictures uploaded to Facebook with the promise that the new service is “free, easy and legal.”
On Friday, the German computer Twitter announced the launch of the “new Mega” just when the anniversary of the raid on his home that ended with his arrest.
Himself ‘Dotcom’ also published an aerial photograph of her mansion on the outskirts of the city of Auckland, where he was arrested with three other Megaupload computing Jan. 19 (20 in New Zealand) in this operation that also included arrests in Europe, closing the portal, the confiscation of their property and the freezing of their accounts.
“This is where he was born and where Megabox Megaupload born,” the 38-year computer account in Facebook, while Twitter ‘Dotcom’ mansion wonder if this will become a “Mega museum in 2052.”
‘Dotcom’ announced last month that it has progressed in 90 percent of its new portal and is believed to include a music distribution service like Spotify portal that will allow users to upload songs and sell them directly to users, News as saying ‘3 ‘.
However, the launch of Megabox might endanger probation ‘Dotcom’ or could open the door to be charged with new charges, reported by his side the portal Computerworld New Zealand, citing court documents filed last week by the U.S. Justice Department.
‘Dotcom’ said in an affidavit in New Zealand had no plans to relaunch Megaupload or similar services until the judicial process against him is resolved. His U.S. lawyer, Ira Rothken, considered that, apparently for the second time, the U.S. is attacking a new technology before fully investigate, after stating that his client is innocent, said the news portal computer.
U.S. accuses Megaupload of causing more than $ 500 million in losses to the film industry and music to violate copyrights and thereby obtain a profit of $ 175 million.