The email has always been one of the most used tools for cyber attacks and online scams .The ‘spam’, the phishing and malicious attachments are a constant and can bring dire consequences.
- Links, attachments and applications install something that can hide messages include some scams online .
- You should exercise extreme caution in connection with public computers and WiFi networks unsafe.
- It is important that the user is aware of the information sent through the mail and it can be intercepted.
1. Pay close attention to the documents and attachments .Although this is an old tactic, cyber criminals continue to try to infect users’ computers through infected attachments. Discard the spam automatically.
2. Be careful with the links that appear in emails. This is another very common practice and equally dangerous: these links redirected to infected websites or pages from the scams perpetrated. Sometimes even spoofs companies like Gmail, Yahoo or Facebook to encourage you to click on links.
3. Be alert to emails phishing . These messages report fake security alerts, and among them are the threats of phishing bank common.
4. automatically discards ‘spam’ . “Although it’s not surprising to receive an email that sells Viagra, the reality is that the classic ‘spam’ is still present today and will continue to send millions of emails offering all kinds of products or making scams”.
5. use strong passwords . It discourages repeat passwords across multiple services and it is important that passwords contain letters and numbers and parts have to be capitalized.
6. Beware of connections from public computers . It is better not to access the mail account from a public computer, and if necessary, do so through a secure connection and closing session when finished.
The message strings often hidden risks7. extremely careful in insecure Wi-Fi networks . It may be that someone is spying on that network.
8. We must be alert to the applications for permission to install something . In many cases, when you open an email message that informs skips the need to install a plugin or codec to view the contents.
9. Be aware that the message strings often have risks. “The long chains of messages that are useless messages sometimes happiness, sometimes good wishes, and many others, hoax or false messages that invite the user to do something that only harm your computer,” said Eset.
10. must be “the largest guardian of your privacy and your sensitive information . “Sometimes users are their own worst enemy, since commit indiscretions like sending passwords via e-mail and other similar actions.